Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > Download Failed
Download Failed

3204 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2014-06-15 07:05:31

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    jurienaude
    2014-05-13 00:45:46

I brought the unit yesterday and I have been battling ever since to get the unit to update. By using the bundled CD to install the Pc Suite (2.02), the software tells me the username or password is incorrect. I remove the PC Suite and downloaded a fresh copy (Top PC suite v.6.21) from Autels website. The new PC suite logged on but before I can update the manufacture specific data, I need to update the SysemProgram file. When I press download/install, it will show 0% and after some time it will kick out Download failed.

I tried the update from 3 different PC's with a combination the 3 SystemPrograms and disabling the firewall and Avast with no luck.

PS. In Program Files/Autel director the PC creates a folder with my username with a 0Kb zip update file. I tried deleting the folder without luck as well.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    jurienaude
    2014-05-14 13:05:17 (Reply to:jurienaude)
     Just a update - I went back to the dealer where I brought the unit and he tried updating the software from his pc using my login. The unit software updated. Back on my pc the rest of the updates failed to download. Tried again on the same pc but with the exception of using a 3G modem instead  of the ADSL and the updates downloaded fine.

So some how, My ISP is blocking the downloads, I need to setup ports on the modem or there is something else I am missing.   

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    BrendanWakely

2014-05-21 04:54:14 (Reply to:jurienaude)

Thank you for telling us what fixed it for you I have been having this problem for the past 6 months! Although my iphone 3G still doesn't work

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    BrendanWakely

2014-06-10 03:15:12 (Reply to:BrendanWakely)

found my problem to be a combo of windows 8 and my anti virus program blocking it, upgraded to 8.1 and disabled all anti virus protection and it now works

•   Level 5   
    (289) points
    Astrowiki

2014-06-15 07:05:31 (Reply to:BrendanWakely)

Really what you want to do is give the program access via the virus program. Shutting it down isn't a good thing. You could end up with corrupt packets.
  Total1 Pages